Archive

Headline

Sharing Information

Visitor

free counters

Trafict & Ranking

SEO Stats powered by MyPagerank.Net
Powered by  MyPagerank.Net Yahoo bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net Msn bot last visit powered by MyPagerank.Net

Hitler In Central America

INTRODUCTION
“The Sikoras are dying out!‖ I shouted as I awoke.” The Sikoras are dying out!‖

The long dream had started in the Jewish cemetery. The graves of my maternal relatives seemed to be going up everywhere, two or three under construction while the cement was still fresh on the others, like a poorly planned but teeming slum of the dead. While the Schifters, my father's family, were reproducing like yeast, my mother's side was experiencing a population implosion. Before long, there would be more of us within the cemetery's brick walls than out.


Hector asked me to calm down. ―Stop bringing the house down with your shouting,‖ he said. ―There are still some relatives of your mother left. It's true that some of them are a little mentally defective, but there are others who can keep the species alive.‖

“You mean I had a nightmare?‖” I asked.

“Another one,‖ he said, referring to the dreams I had been having all week.” I guess you won't be able to go to sleep right away. So,‖ he added without much enthusiasm, “why don't you tell me your dream? It might help you to settle down.‖

San José's Jewish cemetery is located in a southwestern district of Costa Rica's capital, behind the much larger Catholic cemetery. The property was bought on April 19, 1931; my grandfather, David Sikora, was one of the promoters of the project. In one of the early dreams in the series, I saw him signing a check and handing it over to the seller in the name of the few Jews then living in the country. “I intend to have my wife join me here,‖ he told the seller,” and I want a plot for her. If I have to strangle her one day, I don't want her buried in the streets like a dog.‖

On October 9, 1932, the first burial took place. My grandfather was thrilled. “Didn't I tell you that it was good to think ahead?‖ he said to the other members of the Chevra Kiddushe, the religious board that managed the cemetery and made sure that the dead were buried according to prescribed rituals.” We already have our first tenant.‖  

“The man's lucky,‖ said Don José, a fellow Jew.” He bought this plot dirt cheap.‖ 

“Yes, sir,‖ said my grandfather.” Just imagine what it's going to cost to live here in fifty years.‖


0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate

Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Like Facebook

Online Chat Comment

Reference

Stats and info

Top Referrer